[sr-dev] Registrar module creates an extra branch

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.ch
Tue Mar 29 09:03:07 CEST 2011

Efelin Novak wrote:

> thank you very much. This solved the problem. Second lookup added
> (dunno why) an extra branch. I assume this is a bug.

No, that is correct behaviour. Or, sort of. The whole adding or not of
branches is a bit fiddely, if I may say so.

> Or do I have to
> specify second lookup somehow special?
>
> Now the question is: I needed second lookup just to make sure a user
> is not online (the conditional redirect). Is it OK just to make query
> like this:

Have a look at the registered() function of the registrar module. It is
probably what you are looking for.

> I find out that DB and memory content is not really the same. DB is
> something about minute behind memory( Do you know the precise time?).
> If this is true I'm ok with this time. Is there any other difference?

That depends on the db_mode parameter of the usrloc module. If you set
it to either 1 or 3, changes will be written to the database right away.
On 3, there isn't even any caching in memory at all.

Regards,
Martin