[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Kamailio at Google Summer of Code 2011

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Mar 28 05:58:42 CEST 2011

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

> I don't think so. GoogleTalk is XMPP and uses Jingle for voice.
> Maybe you meant GoogleVoice (https://www.google.com/voice/) which is a
> PSTN service in which Google uses SIP internally.

yes, sorry, i meant googlevoice. so i read somewhere that now
googlevoice users are able to receive and place sip calls anywhere on
the internet.  the uri is sip:+number at sip.voice.google.com.

it is plain stupid that sip:username at google.com is not supported yet for
normal google accounts.  perhaps your summer coder can implement that!
would be in my opinion much more useful than jingle gateway.  in
gateways dome functionality is always lost and address may be
complicated.

-- juha