[sr-dev] Kamailio distributed message queue

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.ch
Sun Mar 13 12:20:23 CET 2011

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 13 mar 2011 kl. 11.32 skrev Bucur Marius:
>>
> > At Daniel's suggestion, I am planning to work on a distributed message queue system for Kamailio for my BCS thesis.
> > The idea is having a way of communicating between different Kamailio instances for user presence states, user location information, etc.
> > The plan is to use SIP for transport, and to have efficient ways of adding/deleting a node from the message queue bus.
> > Any suggestions/opinions are very welcomed.
>
> Depending on the requirements, you might also want to look into using
> XMPP and evaluate pros/cons between the two protocols.

I was looking into using JSON/BSON[0] as transport protocols. You'll loose
the schema-stuff from XML but then, that isn't very Internet-y to begin
with. If you'd like to keep the schema, Google's protocol buffers[1] may be
worth a look.

The JSON/BSON pair has the nice property that you can use JSON during the
debugging phase and easily look into the messages and later, when things
are stable, you can switch to a more efficient binary protocol.

Regards,
Martin

[0] http://bsonspec.org/
[1] http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/