[sr-dev] async processing: t_suspend and t_continue

Matthew Williams matthew at flowroute.com
Sat Jun 25 01:00:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

We are working on a module in which we plan to utilize the
t_suspend/t_continue functions of the tm module. t_suspend is
straightforward and is working as expected, it seems.

The last parameter of t_continue is of type 'struct action', which I can see
is defined in route_struct.h as:

struct action{
        int cline;
        char *cfile;
        enum action_type type;  /* forward, drop, log, send ...*/
        int count;
        struct action* next;
        action_u_t val[MAX_ACTIONS];
};

Does anyone have any practical advice on how to create an action to be used
in t_continue?

Also... when t_continue is called, does it continue processing in the
process that calls t_continue, or is execution handed off to another
process?

Thank you!

Matthew Williams
FlowRoute