[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/nathelper: Add is_rfc1918(ip_addr) function to test ip_addr for rfc1918addresses.

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Fri Jul 29 16:22:02 CEST 2011

On Friday 29 July 2011, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 7/29/11 4:00 PM, Alex Hermann wrote:
> Indeed there is kind of "conflict of interests" here. Maybe the ipops
> can get a slightly different implementation, where the match can be,
> based on parameters, restricted to a network address match. I thought
> would be useful in non-nat-travesal cases, where nathelper is not loaded.

IMHO general ip to netmask matching should belong in ipops. For now i still
believe the check for rfc1918 addresses is more suitable for nathelper. As
long as the function is available, i don't care very much where it is, i just
hope the code duplication will stop at one point.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann