[sr-dev] DB_ONLY mode in presence module

Bucur Marius bucur_marius_ovidiu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 18:25:42 CEST 2011

Hello Paul,

All the functions you mentioned deal with the "presentity" table.
The pres_htable_restore fills the presentity htable with data from the "presentity" table.
Also, update_presentity, doesn't touch the active_wtchers table.

The db_mode flag, is relevant ONLY for active subscriptions.
That means, reSUBSCRIBE requests will be matched with the active_watchers table.
Also, initial SUBSCRIBE requests will trigger an immediate write to the active_watchers table when in db_only mode (of course, if the rules allow this, else it will go into the watchers table immediately).

In fallback2db mode, the subscriptions are held in the hashtable and periodically written to the active_watchers table.

In the third mode, memory only, the subscriptions are held ONLY in hashtable.

Best regards,
Marius