[sr-dev] sr 3.1 xmlrpc: No memory Left

Jasmin Schnatterbeck js at data-cmr.net
Sun Jul 17 18:49:52 CEST 2011

Hello list,

when using xmlrpc I get a memory error in kamailio's log:

22(26427) ERROR: xmlrpc [xmlrpc.c:581]: No memory left: 9134

If the error occurs or not depends on the RPC command, which is to be
executed and it occurs especially then, if long output text is expected.

After taking a look at xmlrpc.c I suppose the executing TCP process runs
out of memory while trying to generate the xmlrpc reply.

pkg_malloc seems to allocate some sort of private memory (=> increasing
shm size with -m will not help), so I think private memory size has to
be increased:

e.g.
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:private-memory-size

Is it possible to increase private memory size without recompiling or do
you think there is another reason for the memory error?

Thanks
Jasmin