[sr-dev] Celebrating 10 years of SER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:40:23 CEST 2011

Hello,

the 3rd of September will mark the 10 years since the start of SIP
Express Router (aka SER - also the origin for kamailio (openser) and now
the two are back together). From last year:

   * http://sip-router.org/wiki/history/ser-9-years

This is a good time to celebrate and I am thinking of at least a social
event (e.g., dinner) in Berlin, Germany. Based of private discussion so
far, other cities are interested in organizing something similar
locally, e.g., Barcelona. If you are a group of people that can gather
together for a drink in same place to celebrate the event, let me know
and I will add in the list to coordinate - hopefully we will be even
able connect between sites with some video/audio if the timezones are
convenient.

I'm looking as well to do a more formal event, something like a day long
conference style, on Friday, 2nd of September. Berlin is the natural
choice for location, being the place where the project started. I can
take care of location when it is clear that there are people willing to
travel. Berlin area alone should be able to get about 20 people, among
them several long term developers of the project and companies offering
SER/Kamailio-based services. Coming over gives you the opportunity to
connect directly with them.

At this event, along with presenting shortly the history and future
plans, the event should be open to everyone that want to present their
usage of SER/Kamailio. Attendance is going to be free, in the limit of
available seats. If you think it would be interesting and want to
attend, let me know.

Also, if you have other ideas of how to celebrate, write us back.

Best regards,

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat