[sr-dev] TLS: Sip-Routers adds a Record-Route with "sip" scheme rather than "sips"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jul 6 12:46:58 CEST 2011

> Am 06.07.2011 11:05, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>> - And RFC 3261 says:
>>
>>       The use of
>>       "transport=tls" has consequently been deprecated, partly because
>>       it was specific to a single hop of the request.  This is a change
>>       since RFC 2543.
>
> I could interpret this as "if I want encryption to a specific single hop
> then I could do this by using transport=tls" :-)

Klaus, you are trying to argue in favour if ;transport=tls when we
have already explained in this thread that such param has been never
specified and SIP RFC's mandate the usage of sips schema for there
topics.

Also, when you say "if I want encryption to a specific single hop then
I could do this by using transport=tls", so you wouls require TLS over
TCP, what about if you want TLS over SCTP?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>