[sr-dev] TLS: Sip-Routers adds a Record-Route with "sip" scheme rather than "sips"

Wed Jul 6 10:09:09 CEST 2011

Am 05.07.2011 18:42, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
> NOTE: In fact, some existing clients (as the widely extended PJSIP)
> would fail if the Record-Route contains sips+transport=tcp as I've
> reported today:
>   http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2011-July/013102.html
>
> This is because PJSIP does not understand at all the meaning of a sips
> schema (ugly in a so widely deployed SIP stack).

Maybe pjsip is the only one who make it right. ;-)

IMO "sips:" is totally broken and should be deprecated. With "sips:" a
client relies that all intermediate hops are standard conform and do
forwarding with encryption. If you really need encryption end2end this
is a wrong approach - so it is broken by design.

regards
Klaus