[sr-dev] TLS: Sip-Routers adds a Record-Route with "sip" scheme rather than "sips"

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.ch
Tue Jul 5 18:55:42 CEST 2011

Jan Janak wrote:

> Also, what is the real difference between using sip;transport=tls and
> sips in Route headers? In both cases the server sending the request
> will fail to deliver it if it cannot contact the downstream server
> over TLS. Or is it supposed to fallback to UDP when the parameter is
> used and reject the request when sips is used?

I think the upshot of it all is that there is no more transport=tls. If
you want TLS, you have to do use the sips scheme with transport=tcp; if
you want DTLS, you do sips with transport=udp.

This is somewhat consistent with SRV, where for SIP over TLS you would
use the prefix _sips._tcp.

Regards,
Martin