[sr-dev] assigning $rd buggy?

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.ch
Mon Jul 4 15:22:59 CEST 2011

Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 07/04/2011 08:57 AM, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
>
> > Am I the only one who cringes at $(ru{s.select,0,:}) and a few other PV
> > constructs?
>
> On an aesthetic basis purely?

Mostly. It is kinda hard to read and figure out. I know how all this came
to be, but I'd really would have preferred a syntax like
s.select($ru, 0, ':'), even though that still isn't very
self-explaining.

> > SER 2.x had this nice concept of hierarchic select. What happened
> > to that?
>
> For those coming from the OpenSER/Kamailio universe, can you elaborate
> on how these worked?

I was about to write a lengthy mail but, lucky for me:

  http://sip-router.org/wiki/ref_manual/selects

Regards,
Martin