[sr-dev] LCR: defunct_gw() is dangerous

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Dec 29 14:39:56 CET 2011

2011/12/29 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>> Hi Juha, such a design was already proposed by me in the wiki:
>>
>>   http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:lcr-module-design?rev=1275345343
>>
>> But finally it was changed by you to the current one.
>
> i think that the tradeoff was that one may want to defunct a gw in one
> lcr instance and leave it enabled in another instance.  that would not
> be possible if gws were shared by all instances.

Right. Maybe "defunt" column should be in my proposed lcr_gws_grps
table rather than in lcr_gws table.

Another possibility is to split this concept into "enabled gw" and
"available (not defunt) gw". "defunt" would mean that it has been
detected to fail, so it would make sense within the lcr_gws table. In
the other side a new column "available" in the proposed lcr_gws_grps
table could contain a "enabled" field, so LCR just uses/loads it if
such field is 1.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>