[sr-dev] LCR: defunct_gw() is dangerous

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Dec 28 18:47:31 CET 2011

2011/12/28 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>> The client and the GW are UA's, but the proxy is just a proxy. As a
>> proxy, I cannot decide which headers are mandatory and which ones can
>> be dropped. The UAC (client) and UAS (gw) could decide to negotiate
>> some SIP extension I'm not aware of, or I do know but it's transparent
>> for me (the proxy), for example PRACK usage which involves new
>> headers.
>
> as i already said, then fix your gw to reply with '400 bad request'.

Juha, the wrong header I meant is not a wrong P-Asserted-Identity, but
a malformed text that makes *all* the SIP message invalid. So a proxy
or server receiving it can just *drop* the request (the same Kamailio
does if the Request URI contains a falmormed URI).

So there is nothing to fix in the GW. It's behaving 100% correctly.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>