[sr-dev] LCR: defunct_gw() is dangerous

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Dec 28 17:40:29 CET 2011

2011/12/28 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
>> Kamailio parser does not detect such header as "P-Asserted-Identity".
>>
>> Also, it's unfeasible that a proxy checks the syntax of all the
>> headers. Typically a proxy just cares about some few headers.
>
> then use the script function that drops all headers except the ones your
> gw cares about.

The client and the GW are UA's, but the proxy is just a proxy. As a
proxy, I cannot decide which headers are mandatory and which ones can
be dropped. The UAC (client) and UAS (gw) could decide to negotiate
some SIP extension I'm not aware of, or I do know but it's transparent
for me (the proxy), for example PRACK usage which involves new
headers.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>