[sr-dev] XMPP Jingle support status?

kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz
Wed Dec 14 23:05:13 CET 2011

Dne 14.12.2011 v 17:18:08, "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> napsal:
> I don't see the point of trying to bridge a SIP call with a jingle call in a
> proxy. Maybe you can explain that?

I use openser as tiny local sip server (not the indended proxy usecase).
No uplink, no special hardware, no PSTN, not even writable storage.
Openser already has jabber module, adding Jingle did not feel that hard.

Using asterisk's functionality would work, if I ran Asterisk.
Running asterisk solely for ONE (maybe up to 5 in the future) jabber transport
seems like an overkill.
That's probably the reason. Not the one that could persuade anyone I guess.