[sr-dev] XMPP Jingle support status?

kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz
Wed Dec 14 16:46:45 CET 2011

Dne 13.12.2011 v 16:16:54, IĂąaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> napsal:

> > Adding jingle support to existing one seems way better.
> > Sure, if both clients support only incompatible sets of codecs, then it
> won't
> > work.
>
> It's not just that. SIP uses a plain/raw SDP format while XMPP uses a
> XML version of SDP. Just an example of the hard task a SIP-XMPP-proxy
> should fulfill to enable full interoperability between both words.

Sure.. it would be a bit easier (measured in lines of code) if one could simply
forward SDP around.
Doing some kind of conversions & keeping it light/fast/reliable is harder than
sending what I received.

I thought about putting the feature as a transport on a jabber server, but then
it would have to act as a sip router as well, creating way more complications
and issues.

Maybe I should try poking around first..  If you give me some more directions /
possible issue information, I can find out how hard it is and stop asking.

Thanks