[sr-dev] XMPP Jingle support status?

kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz
Tue Dec 13 16:00:50 CET 2011

Dne 13.12.2011 v 14:26:50, IĂąaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> napsal:

> 2011/12/13  <kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz>:
> > I stumbled upon http://jitsi.org/index.php/GSOC2011/KamailioJingle
> > What is the current status? Has the project advanced?
>

> It's unfeasible to expect
> that a magic new Kamailio module will behave as a perfect B2BUA
> between SIP and XMPP in both, the signaling an the media plane, 100%
> unfeasible.

I never said it would be perfect.. and I never said I would create a new XMPP
module..
Adding jingle support to existing one seems way better.
Sure, if both clients support only incompatible sets of codecs, then it won't
work.
Which is normal and happens to me with both Jingle-to-Jingle and SIP-to-SIP
from time to time.

MMlosh