[sr-dev] [tracker] Assignee added: Crash if t_release() is executed after t_relay_to(), when this last returns -1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:43:29 CET 2011

On 11/29/11 9:28 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 29 nov 2011 kl. 18:57 skrev sip-router:
>
>> THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
>>
>> A user has added themself to the list of users assigned to this task.
>>
>> FS#184 - Crash if t_release() is executed after t_relay_to(), when this last returns -1
>> User who did this - Iñaki Baz Castillo (ibc)
>> http://sip-router.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=184
>>
> Now this was caused by bad configuraiton, but if we have had or will have crashes based on incoming MI, RPC or SIP messages, we should have a routing for how to handle security fixes in Kamailio. When evaluating open source projects I always check the security procedures.
>
> Anyone interested in assisting in writing up a document about this we can publish on the web site and try to follow if we get such an issue? I think we can happily steal from other projects, so it should not be hard work.
>
> Anyone objecting to implementing a process for handling security incidents?
I have no objection in this regard, any contribution/managing process
that will make usage of the project easier/more attractive for various
people is welcome. The question will be who will take the work (e.g.,
reviewing, categorization, announcements to devels and community, ...).
Personally, I try not to make a difference between bugs, but just try to
solve asap, with priority on how common use case is the situation rising
the bug.

Another question is categorizing 'security bugs' - in my understanding I
consider such bugs when one can gain access to server or
steal/compromise data from/on the server. Chasing situations are not in
this category (IMO).

Cheers

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat