[sr-dev] ideas on dialog spiral distinction

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Aug 24 13:38:45 CEST 2011

On 08/24/2011 02:32 PM, Jason Penton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Have been playing around with the dialog module and spiralling and one
> thing I have noticed is that if you spiral and dont have
> detect_spirals enabled the dialog module will create 2 dialogs. This
> is great and 'expected' in this case. However, as it stands there is
> no way of distinguishing between the 2 dialogs. So for example, a BYE
> could come in from either 'side' of the spiral and the first dialog is
> matched - not necessarily the correct one. this is because the match
> is purely done on callid, from and to tags (if using RFC3261 matching).
>
> My initial thought is to have some sort of direction identifiers
> stored in the dialog structure itself. Then using Via and contact
> headers we can make a pretty good assumption as to which 'end' of the
> spiral and therefore choose the correct dialog in the match algorithm.
>
> some may say just enable spiral_detection. Actually, in some cases it
> is nice to be able to track a spiral in different dialogs, which most
> likely why the option to enable or disable spiral detection in the
> first place
>
> What are your thoughts?
There have been many talks regarding an improved dialog module . Check
this link for references:

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:dialog-module-design
<http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:dialog-module-design?s[]=dialog>

This is still to be implemented AFAIK, but i hope it will show you some
of the topics that were of great interest.

Marius

--
Zbihlei Marius

Head of
Linux Development Services Romania

1&1 Internet Development srl    Tel KA: 754-9512
Str Mircea Eliade 18            Tel RO: +40-31-223-9512
Sect 1, Bucuresti               mailto: marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
71295, Romania