[sr-dev] decode_mime_type error

Jijo realjijo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:54:34 CEST 2011

Hi All,

The function parse_content_type_hdr() is failing in decode_mime_type() when
Content-Type parameter "boundary" has value comma as below. The error
message is "ERROR:parse_content_type_hdr: CONTENT_TYPE hdr contains "
            "more then one mime type :-(!

Content Type Header is as below, It works fine if the boundary value is
without comma.

The parse_content_type_hdr() is failing in the following code,

    ret = decode_mime_type(msg->content_type->body.s, end , &mime);
    if (ret==0)
        goto error;
    if (ret!=end) {

         LOG(L_INFO,"ERROR:parse_content_type_hdr: CONTENT_TYPE hdr contains
"
            "more then one mime type :-(!\n");
           goto error ;
    }

I thought of fixing this issue by commenting the code for condition ret
!=end. I'm  not sure why we we need that check, as mime variable has the
information to process the content.

Please let me know if you see any impact.

Thanks
Jijo