[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/dispatcher: Added new feature that enables routes to be run when destinations fail/ recover

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:15:42 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

thanks for this enhancement, I find it very useful.

I have few remarks for potentially a better integration with available code:

a) lib/kcore/faked_msg.{c,h} offers already a way to get a fake SIP msg.
It should be used instead of building a new one inside dispatcher
module. The Makefile of the module has to be updated to link against
internal libkcore

b) instead of using route blocks with names, I think it is better to
define two new event_route blocks to be executed when a destination is
un/available. There are several modules that are still running route
blocks for non-sip message events, because they were developed long time
ago, but for new implementations, whenever one needs to execute a block
of actions from config file on an event which is not related to SIP
message routing, should be done via event_route.

In this case, for example, can be used event_route[dispatcher:dst-down]
and event_route[dispatcher:dst-up]. If they are defined, they will be
executed. Checking for existence of these event routes can be done at
startup, so no new module parameters are needed -- the names of the
event routes will be "known" and reserved in the future. You can see
inside htable module how event_route[htable:mod-init] is looked up and
executed.

Using an event route instead of a route block will also clearly indicate
that is not about SIP routing, therefore not all of the functions
exported by modules work properly there.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat