[sr-dev] git:master: modules/tm: t_load_contacts() now ignores ruri if it has already been used

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Aug 8 13:12:07 CEST 2011

On Monday 08 August 2011, Alex Hermann wrote:
> On Monday 08 August 2011, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > Alex Hermann writes:
> > > You can't do this. Besides being illegal, this is highly unethical. You
> > > can't take code from me and claim authorship. Being asked to review a
> > > patch is not a permit to run away with it.
> >
> > sorry for the misunderstanding.  i though you wanted me to review and
> > commit the patch.  i'll try if i can revert it somehow.
>
> To avoid making a mess of the repository, let's just keep this one in. I
> hope it won't happen again though.

Hi Alex,

Juha has reverted the commit in master and 3.1 branch. These practice with
giving credits to the author for smaller patches from non-commiters in the
description is used a lot, probably you've seen it before. In this particiular
case, as you also have commit rights you can of course just commit the patch
by yourself.

Git provides an distinction between "author" - the persion who wrote the
patch, and "commiter" - the one who just upload it to. Its just not that
widely used here , as people are still used to the SVN workflow, which is of
course fine.

Best regards,

Henning