[sr-dev] 10 years of SER - statistics

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:23:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

it is now one month till the 10 years SER event in Berlin. I am thinking
to collect few statistics about usage of SER-based code at this moment
(SER, OpenSER, Kamailio, OpenIMSCore ...) and present them during the
conference and publish on the web.

Everything is going to be like a combined report, not individual
listing. Therefore, if you want to participate, your name or company
won't be mentioned.

Here are the stats I thought of:

- type of usage: production, evaluation (testing), research
- number of subscribers (phone lines)
- percentage of phones behind NAT
- number of calls per month
- number of call minutes per month

I am not looking for exact numbers, but rough estimation (e.g., about 10
000 phone lines, ...). Of course, some of the metrics don't apply always
(e.g., if you do termination routed through SIP server, you don't have
subscribers, but just calls traffic). Those doing deployments, can make
one summary of statistics for all instances. You may send other
statistics you think they worth publishing.

Again, this is voluntary, naming is not required. I hope only those
giving real number will write back -- I will try anyhow to figure out if
someone is just dumping fantasy numbers. If privacy is really a big
concern, from case to case, everything can be done under NDA.

Thanks,

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat