[sr-dev] IPv4 and IPv6 binary comparison

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Apr 27 12:59:05 CEST 2011

2011/4/27 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
> I'd like to add a function to perform IPv6 binary comparison (as I've
> already coded it in a personal project), could you please tell me in
> which module should it take place?

I wouldn't like to include it in utils module as it's becoming an ugly
mix of functions:

  4.1. http_query(url, result)
  4.2. xcap_auth_status(watcher_uri, presentity_uri)
  4.3. is_int(pvar)

and the code becomes ugly with so many unrelated and mixed variables
and functions.

Perhaps would it make sense a new module "ip_utils"? I would also
include more methods as:

  - is_valid_ip(IP)
  - is_valid_ipv4(IP)
  - is_valid_ipv6(IP)

So, is it ok if I create a new module called "ip_utils"?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>