[sr-dev] Presence Problem

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Apr 21 18:39:24 CEST 2011

Hi Laura,

You could check the pres-rules XML document stored for bob on the server
to see if alice is authorised to see him.  If the pres-rules document
for bob does not show alice as authorised then I think there is a
problem with Jitsi as it is Jitsi that should update those documents.

If the pres-rules for alice and bob both show each as authorised to see
the other then I suggest you take a LAN trace and take a look at the
SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY requests.

Regards,

Peter

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 18:56 +0200, laura testi wrote:

> Hi all,
> thank Peter very much for the suggestion. In fact, with the XHTTP_AUTH
> enable, SIP Communicator (JITSI) doesn’t work with XCAP of Kamailio.
> With the XHTTP_AUTH comment out. The Presence authorization finally
> works, but partially.
>
> When bob add alice as a contact, there is a authorization request
> popup to alice, and alice click accept, then the auth req result popup
> appear to alice saying the bob has accepted the request! After that,
> bob can see the presence status of alice correctly. But alice always
> see the bob is offline. In the xcap table, we see there is an entry in
> the rls (contact alice in the user  bob entry) and another entry in
> the presence rules (contact alice in the user bob entry).
>
> But when I try to add bob as a contact from alice, nothing happen,
> there is no popup of authorization request to bob. And alice always
> see the bob is offline. Any idea?
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> Best Regards,
> Laura