[sr-dev] SUBSCRIBE dialogs and Kamailio RLS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:55:50 CEST 2011

On 4/18/11 3:19 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Am 18.04.2011 14:36, schrieb Peter Dunkley:
>> I am testing with a client that uses the contact URI from the 2xx
>> response to an initial SUBSCRIBE as the remote target URI in other
>> SUBSCRIBEs within the dialog and I am having some problems with Kamailio
>> RLS.  I think the client behaviour is correct, can anyone confirm this?
> Yes, it is correct.
>
> IMO, if SUBSCRIBE has a to-tag, there shouldn't be a resource list
> lookup but instead it should check if there is an active subscription
> and refresh the subscription (and updates the remote contact if changed).

A quick look into the code (rls_handle_subscribe() function) shows that
the rls module is taking the uri from the stored subscription dialog
when the to-tag is present in a subscribe request. Can you send a sample
trace of SUBSCRIBEs, at least the initial and one within the dialog,
eventually with the debug messages?

Also, if you spotted something in the code, just give some hints.

http://www.asipto.com