[sr-dev] Notifying RLS when XML documents are updated

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon Apr 18 16:01:27 CEST 2011

I am using Kamailio RLS with the Kamailio XCAP Server in integrated
mode.  Therefore, there are no subscriptions between RLS and XCAP server
here.

Any suggestions as to what the correct thing to do with the Kamailio
XCAP Server in this scenario would be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 15:21 +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Am 18.04.2011 14:54, schrieb Peter Dunkley:
> > I am using Kamailio RLS and integrated XCAP Server.  When I add a
> > contact with my client it updates my XCAP documents but there is no
> > additional SIP messaging between the client and Kamailio.
> >
> > I have been assured (by the client author) that this is the correct
> > behaviour.  However, having looked at both the XCAP Server and RLS
> > module code I cannot see anything that will either inform RLS that a
> > document has been updated or a timer to check for that.
>
> Of course the RLS should get informed about changes to the resource list
> to update backend subscriptions. Maybe RLS module should subscribe
> watcher events to XCAP server.....
>
> klaus

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director