[sr-dev] SUBSCRIBE dialogs and Kamailio RLS

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon Apr 18 14:36:51 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am testing with a client that uses the contact URI from the 2xx
response to an initial SUBSCRIBE as the remote target URI in other
SUBSCRIBEs within the dialog and I am having some problems with Kamailio
RLS.  I think the client behaviour is correct, can anyone confirm this?

This behaviour appears to be correct according to RFC 3265 section
3.1.4.1:

        SUBSCRIBE is a dialog-creating method, as described in SIP [1].

And RFC 3261 section 12 states that the the contact URI from 2xx
requests.

However, when Kamailio receives a reSUBSCRIBE or unSUBSCRIBE it uses the
R-URI of this in-dialog request as the name of a resource list to fetch
from the XCAP server.  This fetch fails (as the address used in the 2xx
response to the initial SUBSCRIBE is hard coded as a module parameter)
and so does the reSUBSCRIBE or unSUBSCRIBE.

In the unSUBSCRIBE case I don't think this resource list fetch is even
required at all, and in the reSUBSCRIBE case I think the resource list
name should have been cached from the initial SUBSCRIBE?

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Dunkley