[sr-dev] Fwd: [OpenIMSCore-CSCF] About my "carstenbock/ims" branch on the sip-router.org GIT repository

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:06:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 4/5/11 1:35 PM, Carsten Bock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will simply forward this question...
> I would suppose to put it somewhere at the Kamailio SVN for 1.5?
1.5 is no longer maintained officially, just backports by developers
that still use it -- which may happen down to 0.9 -- but no new features.

Personally I would prefer to go only with one IMS extensions
integration, based on current development branch (git master). Besides
the fact that joining forces will make things move forward faster,
having two directions for same thing (one within very old branch) will
confuse people a lot. Maybe Jason will consider trying 3.1.x and we can
try removing his doubts about this version when he has specific
questions about what he does not trust.

I strongly think this is the best at this moment, there is already
confusion with duplicated modules coming from kamailio and ser, creating
a new development branch based on 1.5 will confuse even more. We are
working to remove duplicated, thus remove confusion, and we should go
only in this direction if we want to finish it soon.

Now regarding the trust of 3.x, I can say that 3.1.x is far more better
than 1.5. In 1.x one could barely use tcp or tls, the tm module had some
potential races which couldn't be handled without a major refurbishment.
That happened in 3.x - if one search the recent archive, there were
crashes reported to 1.5 rather than to 3.1.

If one does not like the mix of kamailio and ser modules, then just
ignore the modules_s/* for a while and you are set. Installing kamailio
from packages take care of that and only kamailio modules are installed
(modules/* and modules_k/*). AFAIK, the openimscore developers are
working also with 3.x so future code from them will just work on latest
version of our project.

http://www.asipto.com