[sr-dev] append_branch() change

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Sep 30 12:19:56 CEST 2010

On Sep 30, 2010 at 12:05, Miklos Tirpak <miklos at iptel.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I was recently fighting with a serial forking issue, and figured out
> that t_relay() automatically appends a new branch when the RURI has
> been changed. This means to me that the config below becomes
> incorrect:
>
> failure_route["abcd"] {
>                 rewritehostport("127.0.0.1:5062");
>                 append_branch();
>                 t_relay();
> }
>
> I saw two branches created with the same RURI and sent to the same
> destination in parallel.
>
> As far as I got it append_branch() should not be called any more in
> failure route unless parallel forking is desired. This is great, the
> only issue is that this is not mentioned in the documentation, the
> tm readme file still contains the old examples, and all the
> configurations under etc/ still call append_branch(). Is there any
> plan to update the docs and configs before releasing the new
> sip-router version?

There is a plan to try to avoid this situation by making append_branch()
 not have any effect in the above case.

I even have a patch (attached)  for it (Daniel discovered the same
problem as you), but so far I did not have any time to test it.

Nevertheless we should update the docs, migration document and the
configs.

Andrei