[sr-dev] debian dependency on libcurl3-dev

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Sat Sep 25 12:57:06 CEST 2010

El Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:25:58 +0300
Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> escribió:

> i noticed that in debian squeeze, libcurl3-dev has been replaced by
> libcurl4-openssl-dev.  perhaps 'libcurl3-dev' in Build-Depends entry of
> debian/control should thus be changed to 'libcurl3-dev |
> libcurl4-openssl-dev' ?
>
> -- juha

Hi Juha

The libcurl3 dependency remains because there was just one "debian" folder in
the past. Now (at least in kamailio packaging) we have one debian folder per
debian version and should be safe to change libcurl3 for libcurl4 in the
control file.

Anyways, this is not an issue really since libcurl4 "provides" libcurl3:

quenya:/home/manwe# apt-cache show libcurl4-openssl-dev
Package: libcurl4-openssl-dev
Version: 7.21.0-1
Replaces: libcurl-dev, libcurl-ssl-dev, libcurl3-dev (<< 7.14.1-1),
libcurl3-openssl-dev
Provides: libcurl-dev, libcurl-ssl-dev, libcurl3-dev,
libcurl3-openssl-dev