[sr-dev] modules/db_berkeley fails to compile with libdb4.5-dev or below

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Wed Sep 1 00:42:27 CEST 2010

El Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:24:59 +0300
marius zbihlei <marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro> escribió:

> Hello
>
> Never occurred to look thru the bug tracker. I have made a patch that
> based on DB_VERSION_MAJOR and DB_VERSION_MINOR decides between c_close()
> and the new API close(). Also the same discussion for the other c_
> function like c_get().
>
> Have a look at commit 9d8d30c and tell if you spot something weird. I
> have tested with libdb4.5(c_close) and libdb4.6(close) and now it
> compiles without problems
>
> Cheers,
> Marius

Hi Marius

I'll test it ASAP. I've been sick and not much time for playing with sr. I
created the ticket time ago but did not update it because the berkeley db
version was so old that it was not worthy to take care of that. In my
scenarios, where debian is used, it fails to compile in etch which is a really
outdated version of debian.

There are more plugins that do not compile due to specific versioning.
Sometimes because the lib is too old (ej berkeley module not compiling in etch)
and sometimes because of new versions (ej purple module not compiling in
squeeze).

What I do not know is what to consider a bug. Problems with old versions (how
old?), problems with newer versions (how recent?) or none of them.

cheers,
Jon