[sr-dev] invalid type (3) or nul (0) version columns for trusted (kamailio 3.1 latest from git)

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Thu Oct 21 14:29:22 CEST 2010

  I found the issue.
Hopefully someone who's maintaining the kamailio db_postgres module can
react to this.

According to the libpq documentation (see
http://www.enterprisedb.com/documentation/libpq-concepts.html all the
way at the bottom).

> One thread restriction is that no two threads attempt to manipulate
> the same PGconn object at the same time. In particular, you cannot
> issue concurrent commands from different threads through the same
> connection object. (If you need to run concurrent commands, use
> multiple connections.)
I've been adding several debugging code to the db_postgres module, And I
see that two different threads use two different _con variables,
but the _con->tail from separate threads are pointing both to same
memory location, and using the same postgresql connection.
When multiple threads run at the same time and placing queries almost at
the same time, it happens that the results of those queries are returned
back to the other thread.

I don't know the kamailio code (Just started with kamailio 3 weeks back),
but it appears to me that the lib/srdb source is holding using some kind
of pools for the database connections,
and db_postgres modules also is using pools.

I'm going to try to see if I can fix the code somehow that every thread
gets its own database connection.
but if someone who knows the db_postgres module could help I would be
very thankfull!

> --
> *Exa-Omicron*
> Patroonsweg 10