[sr-dev] Kamailio 3.1 on OpenBSD 4.6

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Oct 20 18:52:13 CEST 2010

On Oct 19, 2010 at 20:20, Olle E. Johansson <oej at EDVINA.NET> wrote:
> Anyone else that tries to compile Kamailio 3.1 on OpenBSD?
>
> I get a lot of errors in various modules. modules_s/nathelper fails to compile. I had to add an include file to modules_s/eval to make it compile. Mysql generates a lot of compile warnings...
>
> Gmake modules compiles all modules_k
> "gmake install" starts compilation of modules_s
>
> I still have serious doubts of the build system. On both FreeBSD and OpenBSD I see a lot of new stuff being compiled after "gmake", "gmake modules" - when I run "gmake install".

Thats because:
gmake - makes only the core
gmake modules - makes only modules/ (no modules_k or modules_s)
gmake install - makes all the modules

Instead of gmake ; gmake modules, try gmake all or
gmake; gmake modules-all  (or gmake every-module)

After that at gmake install time you should see only some re-linking
taking place (needed because of changed libraries path).

> Do we have any automatic compilation tests on these systems? Are they still supported by the dev team?

I haven't tried to compile on OpenBSD in a while, but I do try FreeBSD
from time to time (I do have a basic config running on FreeBSD).
The compile errors on OpenBSD are most likely either some missing
includes or includes in an order OpenBSD does not like.

Andrei