[sr-dev] [www|proxy]_challenge changes

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Oct 13 03:50:34 CEST 2010

Regarding commit c53bc97968e4ac2ddf5b8a23af44942e8d50e7b3:

The commit annotation did not mention that the 'nid_pool_no' modparam
to 'auth' was removed.  I had written a new configuration against the
tarball of v3.1.0 that I downloaded on Friday and it took me quite
some time to figure out why 'nid_pool_no' caused 'auth' to break when
I downloaded the 3.1.0 tarball again today.

Secondly, the option is still in the production documentation:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules/auth.html#nid_pool_no

I have two questions:

1. Why was it removed?  What relation does it have to the substance of
this change?

2. If something like that is changed, is it much to ask to make a note
of it in the commit message at least?  And if it's going to be
backported into the 3.1.0 branch and put into a new tarball, is it
much to ask that the official documentation on the web site be updated
to also reflect it?

Thanks!

--
Alex Balashov - Principal