[sr-dev] rtpproxy (k): removal of force_rtpproxy

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Oct 12 17:58:21 CEST 2010

Having a single function per transaction to deal with rtpproxy
sessions has some issues.
Let's imagine the following scenario:
 - sip-router is used in bridged mode;
 - rtpproxy is configured in bridged mode.

Let's assume that a call is made from the internal interface to the
external one.  Proper flags needs to be set in order to have a correct
RTP bridging.  Now, if the call fails and it needs to be redirected
back into the internal network, the flags needs to be updated and this
it defeats the purpose of having a new single function to be invoked
per transaction.

Mediaproxy doesn't have this issue because it doesn't have support for bridging.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas