[sr-dev] Automatic restart on upgrades

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Mon Oct 11 22:43:58 CEST 2010

Hi all

I'm taking a look to the postinst script under pkg/kamailio/deb/debian folder
and I see that it creates the required user, but it does not restart kamailio
services.

I was considering triggering:

- A restart on upgrades if we are upgrading inside the same mayor release (ej
  3.1.1 to 3.1.2)

- No restart and display a warning message if upgrading between major
  releses (ej 3.1.1 to 3.2.0). This message should point or show some
  kind of UPGRADE.txt file where differences, database schema changes... etc
  are explained. Maybe just show a link to the wiki would be enough.

Opinions?