[sr-dev] db_postgres/sqlops support of no return values

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 18:09:47 CEST 2010

On 10/11/10 5:46 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Is sqlops pegged to a version of the DB API considered obsolete?
No, v1 of DB API is the one coming from kamailio, based on ser 0.9.x.
All K modules uses it.

v2 is from ser 2.x, with a different concept behind, most important
addition imo is prepared statements support. A transition from v1 to v2
will be seamless for config file. First the db drivers need to support
v2, now not all of them do. Once that, I expect some modules will start
to follow it, but will take time.

> Should I be worried? I'm an extremely heavy user of sqlops,

:-) no worry, besides everything, it is open source, but anyhow I guess
your next postgres plugin is to run kamailio config file embedded, or
the other way around.

Back on track, sqlops is one of the fundamental modules for many of us
these days.

http://www.asipto.com