[sr-dev] about matrix module

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 11 17:03:38 CEST 2010

Henning Westerholt writes:

> One reason for developing the module was that there were no dialplan and
> htable available during the time we developed it. :-) Another reason is that
> its in this form conceptionally easier to understand, maintain and use
> for the (limited) requirements we've had for it so far. This was also
> the reason for the choice of a O(n) function for the lookup.

ok, but when you introduced matrix module to sr, htable module was
already there and it looks to me that matrix module provides a subset of
htable's functionality and implements that subset in a slower way.

in general, i don't think that it is a good idea to add modules that do
not provide any new functionality or better performance as compared to
existing modules.  what is sr policy on this or is there any?

-- juha