[sr-dev] git: updating local git repo while pending changes

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Thu Oct 7 16:11:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Sometimes, while doing coding on my local git repo, I would like to
> synchronize my local repo with the remote one but without commiting my
> changes.
> Is there a way to do this in a simple and elegant matter?

The synchronization in git works by the way of transferring commit
objects, so no, I don't think so.

Also, your local uncomitted modifications are kept in files that
you've checked out; remote/shared repositories are usually "bare",
that means they have no checked out files. All they contain is the
commit object database files (normally stored under .git).

-Jan