[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Business] Kamailio v3.1.0 Released

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Oct 7 11:04:10 CEST 2010

On Oct 06, 2010 at 20:59, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
> > There are 2 different statistics defines and they are disabled for 2
> > different reasons.
>
> andrei,
>
> what about MALLOC_STATS?  why is it disabled by default?

Very minor performance hit (at least it should be minor, but I never
measured it).

> Oct  6 20:57:31 sip /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[7455]: WARNING: tls [tls_init.c:592]: tls: ser compiled without MALLOC_STATS support: the workaround for low mem. openssl bugs will _not_ work

Yes, it's used by 3 different things:

- tls (runtime, checks if enough free memory is available before
  accepting/creating new connection or even receving packets on an
  existing connection)
- auth - only on init, for sanity checks (and nicer error messages) for
  nc_array_size, nc_array_order, otb_in_flight_no, otn_in_flight_order.
- core.shmmem: it's faster with MALLOC_STATS

We could enable it, but only tls in low memory scenarios will gain from
it.

Andrei