[sr-dev] git messing again

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Thu Oct 7 10:03:54 CEST 2010

El Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:37:47 +0200
Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at kamailio.org> escribió:

> On 10/7/10 9:35 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> > El Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:30:04 +0200
> > Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul<andrei at iptel.org>  escribió:
> >

> >> The problem appears if you keep the same name, but change the type
> >> (e.g. file foo becames directory foo, or directory foo becames symlink
> >> foo).
> >> The only way to avoid it is to use a different name (e.g debian_lenny
> >> instead of debian-lenny) or maybe a different path (e..g
> >> pkg/kamailio/debian/{debian-etch, debian-lenny ....}).
> >>

> > Thanks. I'll got with distro_version then.
> or go with shorter names in debian folder:
>
> - debian/etch
> - debian/lenny

Yes, but Makefile looks for pkg/kamailio/debian instead of
pkg/kamailio/debian/version

I would leave pkg/kamailio/debian as generic debian folder for those who use
"make deb" and have distro specific folders for build systems.

Unless we modify the "make deb" way or compiling the system adding distro and
version detection, with failover to pkg/kamailio/debian/generic on unsupported
debian based distro/versions

What do you think?