[sr-dev] t_newtrans() more user friendly

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Oct 2 16:40:02 CEST 2010

Hi, I want to create a transaction prior to performing some DB queries
or any other type of communication with external processes. I want to
create the transaction manually (t_newtrans) before invoking t_relay,
so if something blocks the request processing for a while, a
retransmission would not trigger all the DB queries again.

The problem is that changes to the transaction done after invoking
t_newtrans() are not saved within the transaction (this is: adding
headers, setting flags, AVP's....) which makes t_newtrans() function
really ugly and anti-user-friendly.

So my question is: couldn't t_relay() update transaction information
in case there are changes after calling t_newtrans()?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>