[sr-dev] Help developing a module in master branch (using kamailio flavour)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:44:11 CEST 2010

On 10/2/10 4:14 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, I'm coding a new module but I'm getting lost when trying to
> compile the whole sources. Basically I've created my own local branch
> (starting from master branch):
>
>    ~# git clone --depth 1 git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router sip-router
>    ~# cd sip-router
>    ~# git checkout -b ibc
>
> Then I write my new module under modules/ directory (or perhaps should
> I do it under modules_k/ ?). I'd prefer to do it under modules/ as the
> module has no MI feature, neither other specific flavour dependencies.
new modules have to be placed in 'modules' unless is a strict relation
to one of the modules located in modules_k or modules_s (e.g., a new
presence module).
> And then I just want to compile the sources using kamailio flavour (as
> I'm not used to 'ser'), so I want to get 'kamailio' binary and
> /etc/kamailio/ directory.
> How to do this? Which is the preferred way to create a new module?
> should I do just "make&  make install"? I remember some threads about
> it in this maillist without an easy conclusion so I ask you for help.
Like Ovidiu said, first do "make FLAVOUR=kamailio cfg". If you already
compiled without flavour, do "make proper" to clean the config files for
Makefile.

http://www.asipto.com