[sr-dev] Help developing a module in master branch (using kamailio flavour)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Oct 2 04:14:56 CEST 2010

Hi, I'm coding a new module but I'm getting lost when trying to
compile the whole sources. Basically I've created my own local branch
(starting from master branch):

  ~# git clone --depth 1 git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router sip-router
  ~# cd sip-router
  ~# git checkout -b ibc

Then I write my new module under modules/ directory (or perhaps should
I do it under modules_k/ ?). I'd prefer to do it under modules/ as the
module has no MI feature, neither other specific flavour dependencies.

And then I just want to compile the sources using kamailio flavour (as
I'm not used to 'ser'), so I want to get 'kamailio' binary and
/etc/kamailio/ directory.
How to do this? Which is the preferred way to create a new module?
should I do just "make & make install"? I remember some threads about
it in this maillist without an easy conclusion so I ask you for help.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Please, merge :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo