[sr-dev] Debian GeoIP Dependency

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Fri Nov 12 13:03:25 CET 2010

El Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:08:46 +0100
Klaus Darilion <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> escribió:

> Hi!
>
> make deb on stable fails as geoip module needs at least libgeoip 1.4.5 -
> because of GeoIP_range_by_ip().
>
> Thus libgeoip needs to be installed form backports. MAybe we should
> adopt the control file to check for libgeoip version

Hi klaus

by default, when you use "make deb" (at least in kamailio flavour) the folder
pkg/kamailio/deb/debian is linked and used. That debian folder is not version
dependant and it has a default set of modules enabled.

There are version specific folders for lenny, squeeze and lucid you can use for
avoiding these problems. just "ln -s pkg/kamailio/deb/lenny" before building
kamailio will use the proper control file.

It's a good idea though, adding the minimun version required in the control
file.