[sr-dev] commit policies

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon May 31 19:55:56 CEST 2010

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) writes:

> A question about development and commit policies. I am going to make different
> changes in the debian packaging files. I have commited a couple of
> changes into
> kamailio_3.0 branch but I am not sure about if that's the right thing
> to do.

> Should I create my own branch and merge after the changes?
> Commit to master? To kamailio branch?

jon,

i'm not an expert, but if i fix a bug in 3.0, i commit/push it to
kamailio_3.0 or sr_3.0 branch and then cherry pick it to the other one.
if the bug also exist in master branch, i cherry pick it also there.

hopefully when 3.1 is released there will not be sr and kamailio
branches anymore because otherwise fixing bugs becomes un-manageable
because of too many branches.

-- juha