[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/permissions: fixed reloading of address table

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon May 10 12:36:51 CEST 2010

2010/5/10 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>  > > - Database handle was not initialized when address table was reloaded.
>  > >  Now it is initialized/closed at each reload.  Looks like this has
>  > >  never been tested before.  Still don't know why mi_addr_child_init()
>  > >  exists and what it is supposed to do.
>  >
>  >
>  > Does the same problem exist in Kamailio 1.5.4? if so, will be a
>  > backport for it?
>
> i have not noticed this problem in k 1.5.  if you give address_reload
> command in 1.5, does it work?  in 3.0 and above, it printed an error
> message about mysql not been able to use address table.

It works in 1.5, but at least in 1.5.1 *under heavy traffic* kamailio
gets frozen. I couldn't reproduce the problem in my testing
environment yet so I don't know if it doesn't occur in 1.5.4.

So I think the commit cannot be related to the issue I mean.

>  > I already reported a very annoying problem using "address_reload"
>  > under heavy traffic load (kamailio gets totally frozen).
>
> did you have lots of addresses in the table?

No, just 10 entries. But now I'm building a kamailio making extensive
usage of address table to identify trunk clients based on the source
IP. The adin web interface performs a XMLRPC command to invoke
"address_reload" for each new client addition/modification. Could I
get into issues if the address table contains lots of entries?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>