[sr-dev] Feature request: sql row number, route-specific avps

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 30 16:02:02 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Jasmin Schnatterbeck wrote:
> while thinking about the idea to build a recursive code block in
> kamailio.cfg I noticed, that there are no route-specific avps available.
>
> Of course you can convert a recursion to an iteration, but you need
> something like a stack to save variables on it, which is not available
> also.

Hi Jasmin,

i think you could load a few values into an AVP, and then use avp_pushto to
'push' the value from this stack.

> Do you think it's reasonable to make route specific avps available in
> future releases?

If you want to use a route specific AVP, why its not possible for you to use
different AVPs for every route you have in the script?

> I also noticed, that it does not seem to be possible to get the number
> of result rows of avp_db_query - may (in the case of an successful
> query) can the function return the number of results for example?

The avp_db_query is a bit a deprecated function, take a look to the 'sqlops'
module, which provides a more advanced interface. I think it also export the
number of rows.

Cheers,

Henning